3M™ Jupiter™ vs 3M™ Versaflo™
what is the difference between the Jupiter and Versaflo powered air / PAPR units ?
The 3M™ Jupiter™ Powered Air Turbo has become the benchmark for anyone wanting PAPR / powered air solutions over the past few years. Its 3M™ credentials, reliable operation, choice of filters to suit differing environments, and simplicity of use, have all compounded to create an iconic product to keep users protected.
There is always room for improvement, however, and constant developments in technology and innovation are pushing the boundaries further with each generation of product. To this end 3M™ have created the successor to the 3M™ Jupiter™ Powered Air Turbo – meet the 3M™ Versaflo™ Powered Air Turbo TR-600.
Taking the basic principles of a simple use, lightweight, reliable PAPR device, 3M™ have looked at improvements in the key user requirements: Filtration, Battery life and Air flow.
The 3M™ Jupiter™ Powered Air Turbo has 5 filtration options, the new 3M™ Versaflo™ Powered Air Turbo TR-600has increased this to 6 – the options are:
- P plus nuisance level* organic vapours and acid gas which also offers protection against Hydrogen Fluoride up to 10 x Threshold Limit Value
- A1P - organic gases and vapours (bp > 65°C) and particulates
- ABE1P - organic gases and vapours (bp > 65°C), inorganic, acid gases and particulates
- A2P- organic gases and vapours (bp > 65°C) and particulates
- ABE2K1HgP - organic gases and vapours (bp > 65°C), inorganic, acid gases, ammonia, mercury vapour and particulates
Battery Life has increased on standard flow rate from 8 hours to 12 hours
The flow rates are now variable from 170 l/min to 220 l/min
To make the transition from 3M™ Jupiter™ to 3M™ Versaflo as seamless as possible, they have made the hoods interoperable, and also put a very attractive ‘successor package’ in place.
The TR-600, when used with an appropriate 3M headtop and filters, can be used in various applications including:
• Chemical industry
• Construction and building renovation
• Food and beverage
• Medical and healthcare
• Pharmaceutical manufacturing
• Pulp and paper processing
• Smelting and foundries
• Surface preparation, paint spraying and coating
Please contact email@example.com for more details
- Dale Bennet